For 8 weeks I make one thing my focus and work it until completion.
Goal – Publish The Ultimate Salon Marketing Course by 19th Apr 19
Progress made today
I got two hours on the course today, and most of that was spent on a lesson I realised I don’t need and doesn’t make sense to include.
I made the mistake of going online during a break to check my messages and lost time going back and forth with a lead for an exciting client. Nothing that could not have waited to suit my schedule better but rushing to chase down that next lead is a hard habit to break.
Write 100 times. “Do not check Facebook messages until AFTER your sprints are done.”
Let’s try this again, shall we? – 5am. Course work (3 x25 Minute sprints) – 7am. Take doggo for a walk – 8.30am. Shower, dress, breakfast – 9am. Course Work (7 Sprints) – 12.30pm. Lunch – 1pm. Client Work – 4pm. End of Day Routine – 4.30pm Blog Post – 5pm. Stop
The aim of the 8-week sprints is to be able to work exclusively on one thing, but life isn’t like that and somethings need to be done all year round for self-care and paying the bills while trying out new things like 8-week work sprints.
Goal – Finish Dec 19 Portsmouth Marathon
10,940 steps which aren’t as important as building up the 5am start habit.
Sleep is everything. Get that right and life is a nicer place to be. And Ambient music. I’m listening to Ambient Soundbath as I write and I can feel it loosening the knots in my head.
Plan for tomorrow
Up at 5am and get round to ordering trainers.
Goal – Make a £30,000 Profit from Marketing Business
The main piece of work on this is the Salon marketing course but to sustain credibility that course has to be fed with experience and results from current, successful internet marketing campaigns.
Fixed Fee Lead Clients
Progress made today
Built out a full sales funnel for a Tanning Salon. It’s quite lovely because it connects to a suite of other related products so that if laying on a sunbed isn’t your thing to get a golden brown skin tone there are other options to choose from.
Rather than tie everyone up in meetings, I walked through the whole funnel using MakretPlan.io, recorded the whole thing and sent the video link to the client. They can watch at their own leisure, mail me any questions and see the updates on the plan
Start work building out the funnel with landing page content, keywords, and Ad copy. The nice thing is I can do that inside the planning tool.
I’m also writing SEO rich product titles and descriptions for a category of industrial tools to improve a Google Shopping campaign for an e-commerce client. I’m writing those in a shared spreadsheet so the client can see them getting built and offer input in real time.
Goal – Finish on Time, Weekends off and 6 Weeks Holiday
Progress made today
Settled on my daily routine with what looks like a nice balance of self-care, family time, projects and client work.
Time off, true time off with no peeking at work feels good.
Finish at 5pm. The only people who complain about clock watching are those trying to get you to work for free.
Goal 5 – Read 24 Books
- Promised Land by Robert B. Parker. I’m not half-not-feeling this. There are strong moments of connection where the MC tackles his environment but wanders off into monologues on feminism while the events around the supporting cast strain suspension of disbelief. There is a steady flow to the writing that’s keeping me in there, and I hope it is building up to a satisfying payoff.
- The Alter Ego Effect by Todd Herman. A solid idea and highly recommended for any creative/, but as we head towards the end of the book, Herman is repeating a lot of content from other chapters. A reminder that editors are not optional and a good one could have made this the next War of Art.
- The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
- A Hero of Our Time by Mikhail Lermontov
- Post Office by Charles Bukowski
- Growth of the Soil by Knut Hamsun
- Metro 2033 by Dmitry Glukhovsky
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Ask the Dust by John Fante
Goal – Complete 12 Marketing Courses
- Landing Page Design & Conversion Rate Optimization by Issac Rudansky
- No Fear Funnels by Dave Foy
- Ultimate Google Ads 2018 by Issac Rudansky
Options to feed the next 8-week sprint.